Day one of the poetry month has arrived and this morning we are to write poems that provide the reader with instructions on how to do something. It can be a sort of recipe and I have chosen to write about humble pie!
How to make humble pie
4 large cups of regret
500g of minced innards
A generous amount of humanity
A sprinkle of retraction
1 litre of eat-my-words
A heartfelt apology
A pinch of pathetic pastry
1 egg, beaten to glaze
1. Mix all of the ingredients above with a respectable amount of remorse.
2. Slowly whisk in the heartfelt apology until the mixture is soft and palatable.
3. Pour gently into the small rounds of pathetic pastry.
4. Place in the oven for two hours or until the warmth can be adequately felt.
5. Serve with a genuine desire to not make the same mistake next time.